Dr. Eldiberto Fernández Fernández
Dr. Eldiberto Manuel Fernández Fernández was born in Madrid in 1958, studying at the Faculty of Medicine of the Autonomous University of Madrid where he obtained his Degree in 1982.
Official Doctor for the Military Healthcare Academy in 1983. In the same year he began the Urology Specialism via medical internship.
- He spent his internship at the Ramon y Cajal Hospital in Madrid obtaining the title of Urology Specialist in 1988.
- Since then, he has fulfilled the role of Deputy Head Doctor of Urology at the Ramon y Cajal University, with special interest in the fields ofUrological Oncology, Urodynamics and Kidney Transplants.
- He has been Professor of Urology on the MIR (Medical Internship) Course of the Ramon y Cajal Hospital, Assistant Professor of Urology of the Faculty of Medicine at Alcalá de Henares. Guest Professor in Doctorate courses of the Faculty of Alcalá de Henares.
- He has participated in or chaired more than 25 national and international Round Tables, as well as being guest professor on different courses within the urological field.
- Master in Hospital Management (2002), as well as guest Professor of Clinical Management, Evidence-Based Medicine and Clinical Management courses.
- Doctoral Thesis (pending): “Experimental partial vesical replacement with biosynthetic materials: clinical and structural aspects”.
- Habitual collaborator in basic and clinical Scientific Research Projects with the Laboratory of Molecular Oncology of the Ramon y Cajal Hospital, the Foundation for Oncological Research, the Superior Council for Scientific Research and the Ramón Areces Foundation.
- He has extended his studies in France and the United States of America and belongs to the Spanish, European and American Urology Association.
- Head researcher in 7 phase II-III clinical trials.
- “Pedro Arregui” Award in 1996, LXIV National Urology Congress Award in 1999 and Award from the Pasteur Institute in Paris in 2002.
- He is the author or co-author of 120 national and international speeches, 50 publications in national and international magazines and 15 lectures or book chapters.
- He has also been Director or Co-organiser of various Urological and Commemorative Sessions.